Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Apple Crumble

I couldn't find my original recipe for apple crumble so I went to my favourite place  for new recipes: Taste.com.au and found this great version of apple crumble which I have personalised.

I don't use tinned apples, I core and slice fresh red or green apples on my slinky machine and then simmer with some sugar, sultanas and brown sugar until soft. I also don't hand rub the crumble mix, I put it all in the food processor until mixed; it makes a finer crumble but is much quicker. If I have any, I sprinkle some mixed frozen berries on top as well.

 
from Good Taste - August 2007, Page 66 .Recipe by

  • 150g (1 cup) plain flour
  • 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
  • 100g chilled butter, chopped
  • 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
  • 60g (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts
  • 1 x 800g can baker's apple
  • Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the flour, sugar, butter and oats in a bowl.
  2. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the walnuts.
  3. Spoon the apple into a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Scatter the walnut mixture evenly over the apples. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Spoon the apple crumble into serving bowls. Serve with ice-cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment