• 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 250g cherry tomatoes
• 100g baby spinach leaves
• 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1. Place chicken in a large, shallow, glass or ceramic dish. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk vinegar, sugar and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Turn chicken to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate.
3. Add cherry tomatoes to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften. Return chicken to pan. Add spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is just wilted.
Top with basil leaves.
Super Food Ideas - November 2007, Page 80
Recipe by Michelle Noerianto