• 200g dried fettuccine
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons basil pesto
• 1 cup tinned, skim reduced milk
• Sliced green vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, snow peas, asparagus etc)
• shaved parmesan, to serve
• basil leaves and pine nuts, to serve
1. Cook fettuccine according to the packet directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until brown. Add in vegetables and stir fry.
3. Add pesto, tinned skim reduced milk, salt and pepper to frying pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
4. Drain pasta. Add to pesto mixture. Toss over low heat until well combined. Transfer to serving bowls.
5. Top with parmesan and basil and pine nuts.
6. Serve warm with a side salad.
Based on a recipes from:
Recipe by Annalise Curran, Essendon, Vic (reader recipe)
Photography by Mark O'Meara