The kids aren't too keen on the butter bean mash, but I love it, a very nutty smooth flavour similar to hummus.
I make potato mash for the kids.
The chicken was so tender and juicy.
Baked lemon chicken with butter bean mash
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 650g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed ( I use chicken tenderloins- it is the easiest for me to get in Indonesia- you could use any cut though, even a whole chicken)
• 1 large lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
• 2/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained, rinsed
• 25g butter
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1 bunch steamed baby carrots, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place chicken, lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of parsley, oil and salt and pepper in a large snap-lock bag. Seal bag and shake until chicken is coated in marinade.
2. Lightly grease a ceramic baking dish. Place chicken, in a single layer, in dish. Pour over marinade from bag. Bake chicken for 18 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, combine beans, butter and sour cream in a saucepan. Using a potato masher, coarsely mash bean mixture. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in remaining parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve chicken with bean mash and steamed carrots
Recipe by Claire Brookman in Super Food Ideas - May 2007, Page 72 .