Saturday, January 16, 2010

Banana cake (Margaret Fulton)

This is a great traditional banana cake which every one loves, I don't usually do the banana topping just plain chocolate icing or just a dusting of icing sugar. I have baked this as muffins as well and they taste just as good.

  • 2 cups SR Flour, sifted
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 bananas, mashed
  • 250 grams butter

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, adding a teaspoon of the flour with the last egg. Fold in the remaining flour with the bananas. Bake in moderate oven for 20-30 minutes. Makes 2 loaf tin’s.


Banana topping

  • ½ cup ground almond
  • ½ icing sugar, sifted
  • 1 small banana, mashed
  • ½ teaspoon lemon juice

Mix almond meal with icing sugar and then add the banana and lemon juice and mix to a smooth paste.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy
    on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me
    to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to
    create your theme? Great work!
    My weblog : network transfer simultaneously

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog
    and wished to say that I have really enjoyed
    browsing your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    My web-site gracie st sugustine

    ReplyDelete