Tuesday, January 12, 2010
• 400g bavette pasta (or linguine)
• 4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbs red wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup roughly torn fresh basil
• 2 tbs fresh oregano leaves
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Allow to stand for 10 minutes to let the flavours infuse. Drain the pasta, then add to the other ingredients and toss to combine.
delicious. - May 2005, Page 154
Recipe by Nancy Duran, Photography by Ben Dearnley
The salsa will cool the pasta quickly, so combine while the pasta is still piping hot and serve immediately.