These are great for kids lunches as well as for mothers group book clubs etc. As they are a savory dish they go well with wine ;-)
• 2 cups self-raising flour
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped finely
• 225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained and chopped finely
• 80g Primo shaved ham, chopped
• 1 cup grated tasty cheese
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 6-hole, 3/4-cup capacity (180ml) muffin pan.
2. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into large bowl. Add tomatoes, pineapple, ham and cheese and stir to combine. Using a fork, whisk eggs, milk and oil together in a jug until combined. Add to dry ingredients. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined.
3. Two-thirds fill muffin holes with mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand muffins in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Super Food Ideas - February 2007, Page 52
Recipe by Claire Brookman Photography by Louise Lister