This is a great vegetarian recipe and one that tastes great as leftovers.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled,deseeded, cut into 1cm cubes
• 2 small leeks, halved, washed, thinly sliced
• 1 cup mixed nuts, finely chopped (such as pistachio nuts, roasted hazelnuts, slivered almonds)
• 1 1/2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and line base and sides of a 7cm deep, 10cm x 18cm (base) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes. Add leek and cook for 5 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Transfer vegetables to a bowl. Cool for 15 minutes.
3. Add nuts, breadcrumbs, ground coriander, coriander leaves, egg, soy sauce and salt and pepper to vegetables. Mix to combine.
4. Press mixture firmly into pan. Sprinkle over sesame seeds, pressing into surface with your fingertips. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Stand loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Lift out and slice.
Super Food Ideas - August 2005, Page 72 .Recipe by Julie Jansen Photography by Steve Brown