Monday, January 4, 2010
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• spoon full of brown sugar
• roughly chopped ham or bacon
• 1 red capsicum, deseeded, finely diced
• 5-6 eggs, at room temperature
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1/2 cup self-raising flour
• 1 cup grated tasty cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 4cm deep, 24cm (base) ovenproof fluted ceramic quiche dish.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, ham and capsicum and brown sugar. Cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender and caramelised. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
3. Whisk eggs, milk and flour in a bowl until well combined. Stir in ham mixture and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour mixture into quiche dish. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until set in the centre. Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Serve. Can make in a muffin tin if cooking for groups or luncheons.
Super Food Ideas - October 2005, Page 66
Recipe by Dixie Elliott. Photography by Mark O'Meara
I add what ever I have in the fridge as well, eg creamed corn, asparagus, grated zucchini and or carrot.